Skip to main content

#SundayReviews: "Anon"


Netflix with your mom on Mother's Day is different than the usual Netflix and chill. Nuff said.

But since my mom is cooler than yours, I picked a sci-fi murder mystery for us to watch, another Netflix original by the name of Anon.

From Google:

"In the near future, private memories are recorded and crime has almost ceased to exist. But in trying to solve a series of murders, troubled detective Sal Frieland (Clive Owen) stumbles upon a young woman known only as "The Girl." (Amanda Seyfried) She has no identity, no history and is invisible to the cops. Sal realizes this may not be the end of crime, and it could be the beginning of it."



This was a cool concept!

It's like a cross between Ghost in the Shell with the Laughing Man (not the bastardized live action version mind you) with Basic Instinct.

A FUN WATCH mixed with a warning for where our future tech is taking society.

QBF Rating: 3.5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#WednesdayReviews: "Love Wedding Repeat"

I've no clue what this movie is about, but it's got Olivia Munn in it, and the trailer was nice enough, so I'm guessing its another inoffensive romantic-comedy. So it's time to Love Wedding Repeat . From Google: "Alternate versions of the same wedding unfold as Jack ( Sam Claflin ) tries to make sure his little sister has the perfect wedding day."

#Zensday

 Understanding is key. - #QBF 🦊

How Come?: "Outlook.com"

Welcome to the first episode of what I like to call: "How Come?". Here I ask the deep, burning, philosophical (and sometimes very idle) questions going through my head. So without further ado: