Skip to main content

#MovieReview: "Star Trek Beyond"


The new/rebooted Star Trek continues, and this time we have Star Trek Beyond.

Starring Chris Pine (Captain Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Commander Spock), Karl Urban (Dr. McCoy), Zoe Saldana (Lt. Uhura), Simon Pegg (Scotty), John Cho (Mr. Sulu), Anton Yelchin (Chekov), Idris Elba (Krall), and Sofia Boutella (Jaylah).

This one is written by Scotty, I mean Simon Pegg, and directed by a The Fast & The Furious director (Justin Lin). So will it be the next instalment of F&F in outer space?




Let me just state off the bat that I missed the start of the movie and a bit near the middle (intermission), but I don't think I missed any parts of note so I'm still qualified to give my review.

Straight up, the ending makes zero sense, but except for one part where someone gets caught monologuing, it's pretty easy to just say f*ck it and go with the flow.

Other than that it was a very interesting movie, with excellent special effects. However, I don't know if it was my cinema, or if it was just shot too dark overall that I felt I was missing some details. Also some of the shaky cam work was a bit too shaky for my tastes during the fight scenes...

Hmmm, this could have been a much better movie if executed better I guess, but was still a FUN WATCH.

QBF Rating: 3.0/5

PS: Anton Yelchin died after production in a strange auto accident at his house. Is there a F&F curse now?

PPS: I'm gonna try to re-watch it to see if the parts I missed adversely affected my review.

PPPS: I think if you added up all the lines in Star Trek history, they might equal the lines Scotty had in this film. I'm sure the writer had nothing to do with it, lassie...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NSFW Monday!

Good Morning! This is the 21st, and last of my "Body-Painted Football Babes Bonanza" series. Perhaps more importantly however, the semi-finals begin tomorrow in the World Cup! So a hearty congratulations to the great teams who made it: Uruguay versus Netherlands Germany versus Spain They will play each other tomorrow and Wednesday respectively, but all signs point to Germany defeating the Netherlands in the final. Now, back to the babes! We have ladies representing the Italian Republic (the only returning champion I'd wager, to ever come dead last in the weakest group), and the Republic of Korea (South Korea -- who lost to Uruguay in the 2nd round). - QBF Spicy Meatball: Korea's Taekwan-Don't Stop! (Click to enlarge.) Share

NSFW Wednesday!

Part 10 of the "Body-Painted Football Babes Bonanza" continues our special "two-fer" episodes, and features the Republic of Poland (no Polish jokes please), and the former nation of Serbia & Montenegro ! Serbia & Montenegro... Poland...  Enjoy! - QBF (Click to enlarge.) Share

NSFW Monday!

We're back with part 7 of the "Body-Painted Football Babes Bonanza" in the lead up to the World Cup in South Africa ! This edition is all about Croatia , a team that beat my Reggae Boyz in France 1998 (the bastards). - QBF (Click to enlarge.) Share