Skip to main content

#SundayReviews: "1917"


Not many movies are set in World War I, as most people have a boner for killing the Nazis or Japanese in World War II, but it's time to go back to gruesome 1917 for a story based on the director's grandfather's life.

From Google:

"During World War I, two British soldiers -- Lance Cpl. Schofield (George MacKay) and Lance Cpl. Blake (Dean-Charles Chapman) -- receive seemingly impossible orders. In a race against time, they must cross over into enemy territory to deliver a message that could potentially save 1,600 of their fellow comrades -- including Blake's own brother."


This was a well crafted film. Plot, acting, dialogue, cinematography, set pieces, and special effects were all top notch!

One of the coolest things that you won't notice at first is that the movie seems to be shot in one take!

(It wasn't, but that added to the sense of urgency throughout the movie.)

VERY WATCHABLE.

#QBF 🦊 Rating: 4.0/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#WednesdayReviews: "Love Wedding Repeat"

I've no clue what this movie is about, but it's got Olivia Munn in it, and the trailer was nice enough, so I'm guessing its another inoffensive romantic-comedy. So it's time to Love Wedding Repeat . From Google: "Alternate versions of the same wedding unfold as Jack ( Sam Claflin ) tries to make sure his little sister has the perfect wedding day."

#Zensday

 Understanding is key. - #QBF 🦊

How Come?: "Outlook.com"

Welcome to the first episode of what I like to call: "How Come?". Here I ask the deep, burning, philosophical (and sometimes very idle) questions going through my head. So without further ado: