Skip to main content

Movie Review: "Total Recall" (2012)



So they decided to remake the 1990 action classic Total Recall, and update it for 2012.

This new Total Recall stars Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, and Kate Beckinsale.

Better special effects? Of course.

Better story? Debatable.















I'm not gonna lie, some things are much improved in this remake -- particularly the acting. However, some things just don't add up, and since I'm not one for spoilers I'll just leave it at that.

I did appreciate the nods to the original sprinkled throughout the movie, particularly the lovely lass with an extra mammary (THREE BREASTS, DUDE!).

You know, maybe I would have enjoyed this movie more had I never seen the original (and given it another 1/2 a point), but Kate's character had to have had super-speed to do some of the things she did.

Bottom-line, this is a LATE NIGHT AND BORED movie.

QBF Rating: 2.5/5

PS: BONUS TRAILER FOR THE 1990 VERSION BELOW!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#WednesdayReviews: "Love Wedding Repeat"

I've no clue what this movie is about, but it's got Olivia Munn in it, and the trailer was nice enough, so I'm guessing its another inoffensive romantic-comedy. So it's time to Love Wedding Repeat . From Google: "Alternate versions of the same wedding unfold as Jack ( Sam Claflin ) tries to make sure his little sister has the perfect wedding day."

#Zensday

 Understanding is key. - #QBF 🦊

How Come?: "Outlook.com"

Welcome to the first episode of what I like to call: "How Come?". Here I ask the deep, burning, philosophical (and sometimes very idle) questions going through my head. So without further ado: